October 7 and 8 2018, Melbourne
Come together to plot the path for professional and technical education and training for the World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP).
The WFCP Leadership Institute brings leaders together to set the priorities for a future workforce across the globe that is ready for the sweep of technology and automation. College and polytechnic leaders, policy makers, leading thinkers and WFCP association members are invited to the Institute to set out WFCP priorities and actions for the next two years. The Institute will also consider the priorities for change in delivery and support for college and polytechnic students.
Participants will form a global network of leaders in the WFCP community to champion change in education and training to prepare citizens for the future workforce.
The Leadership Institute runs on 7 and 8 October 2018 prior to the start of the WFCP Congress.
What we plan to achieve
The Institute’s objectives are to:
- develop for the WFCP a progressive agenda for professional and technical education and training to guide the advocacy, research and policy development of WFCP and its members and support the effectiveness of colleges and polytechnics; and
- create a consensus and call to action for participants to be able to engage with their local governments, stakeholders and citizens.
Who should attend?
The Leadership Institute runs for leaders from around the world in professional and technical education and training.
Participants are expected to have a leadership role and have a commitment to policy and advocacy for professional and technical education and training. As a guide, participants are expected to be:
- Presidents, deputy presidents of colleges and polytechnics, or directors or deputy directors of Australian TAFEs and chairs or members of governing boards
- CEOs, directors, deputy directors and/or policy officers of member associations of WFCP
- recognised leaders of multilateral education agencies, international research organisations and industry and government leaders in professional and technical education and training.
WFCP board and association members will be asked to endorse nominations. Ability to communicate reasonably in English is also required.
If you are unsure about your suitability please contact email@example.com and an answer will be given as quickly as possible.
Leadership Institute Program
The Australian organisers of the Congress is partnering with an industry representative body for the Australian training system, Skills for Australia, part of PwC, to host and deliver the Institute.
PwC’s Skills for Australia will guide participants through the intensive program, and as a guide includes:
The Leadership Institute will commence on Sunday morning 7 October at 9.30am and finish before lunch on Monday 8 October, in time for participants to attend the WFCP 2018 World Congress Opening Ceremony on Monday afternoon (additional fee applies for congress registration).
Some pre-reading will be provided.
Leadership Institute Cost
The Leadership Institute is $750 AUD plus GST.
Participants need to purchase their own return airfares to Melbourne, travel insurance, accommodation and other costs, such as fees for visas. Please note that this does not include the WFCP 2018 Congress registration fee.
Registration and Further Information
If attending the Leadership Institute ONLY, please use the WFCP Congress registration form and select Leadership Institute. If you are also attending the congress, register as normal selecting the appropriate Member or Non-member registration category and then add the Leadership Institute on to your congress registration as an optional session. Click here or visit wfcp2018.com.au to register.
You will need to briefly outline your role and position in response to the criteria for attendees. The WFCP will confirm your acceptance to the Institute.
For further information please contact Jen Bahen.